Pioneer Curate IME2 training
Created for any curate designated as a pioneer or with a specific pioneer brief to their curacy, join this learning community to access dedicated pioneer training.
Run on a three year rolling programme in partnership with Church Mission Society, these sessions are designed to support the fulfilment of the learning criteria for pioneer IME2.
Examples of learning include:
- Listening in context
- Pioneer Leadership
- Pioneer Priest and Pastor
- Pioneer Spirituality
- Resilient Pioneer Ministry
- Pioneer Ecclesiology
Drawing on relevant texts, resources and experience you will explore what contextual pioneering looks like and what it means to be a pioneer leader. During these sessions we’ll be exploring issues such as:
- How do we listen and respond in context?
- What do worship and the sacraments look like in fresh expressions of church emerging from pioneer ministry?
- What does it mean to be a pioneer leader inhabiting two different spaces?
- What is church? in what ways is pioneer ministry posing new and creative answers to this question?
- The pioneer spectrum attempts to identify different expressions of the pioneer vocation, we’ll look at where you sit on the pioneer spectrum and also explore the theology and language around pioneer spirituality.
- What do we mean when we talk about sustainability? What models are emerging for resourcing pioneer ministry for the longer term?
Facilitated in the South and the North
Tuesday 8 November 2022 10am to 3.30pm
in Oxford for the South and Penrith for the North
Thursday 9 March 2023 9.30am to 1pm
Tuesday 16 May 2023 9.30am to 1pm
You must get permission from your DDO/IME2 officer to access this course. Please do this before filling in the Google form (link below).
Costs to your diocese are £150 for the first curate and £100 for each curate from then on.
For more information please contact:
The South – Paul Bradbury: firstname.lastname@example.org
The North – Richard Passmore: email@example.com