DTh in Practical Theology
CMS is co-working alongside colleagues at the University of Roehampton, and encourages MA graduates who wish to develop their studies further to consider Roehampton’s DTh in Practical Theology.
The programme consists of four modules taught over two years, followed by a dissertation. The modules are taught on three Tuesdays per semester. We also offer separate sessions at CMS for our CMS cohort of students. The degree usually takes four to six years to complete.
The four modules are:
- Practical Theology: Advanced Methods and Approaches
- Research Design 1 – to hone your research question and to write your literature review
- Publishable article
- Research Design 2 – finalising your proposal
Prior to application you need to have a good idea of the topic you ultimately wish to write on. You may like to think about the following questions:
- What do you want to research?
- What is the point?
- How will you do it?
- Have you done some reading in this area?
- Do you have some professional experience in this area?
- What will be the impact of this research?
Our vision is to create a welcoming and creative research community into pioneering mission where students can not only research current praxis and trends but also innovate and incubate ideas for mission into the future.
For further information and conversation please contact: