Gather is a virtual festival-in-a-day celebrating and exploring pioneering mission practice. If you are wondering what that means or looks like here is an update which should help you imagine what to expect.
Spaces and Venues
- Goodmakers – a venue hosted by Cathers from Goodmakers Society exploring all things pioneering related to making good in the world. If you have an idea and want to know how to work with it to make it real, this is the venue for you.
- Toolshed – hosted by Richard Passmore and Gavin Mart this workshop space will showcase and explore tools that help with pioneer practice on the ground. A tool helps you do something better, more easily or quickly than you could without it.
- Story – hosted by Sarah Clarke and Luke Larner. A storytelling tent to hear and share stories of pioneer practice.
- Starfish networking space – hosted by Andrea Campanale with the starfish team. Meet others that share your passion for pioneering around a related theme. Just drop in.
- Panels – hosted by Jonny Baker, Shannon Hopkins and Harvey Kwiyani. Four panels creating lively conversation on themes related to pioneer practice.
- Mind The Gap – hosted by Tina Hodgett and Paul Bradbury. A venue for reimagining church and missional community.
- Breathe Prayer Space – a space to get away and slow down and pray. It includes the wonderful St Paul’s millennium labyrinth respun by Grace for gather.town. Close by will be some one to one spiritual direction sessions.
- Wild Wood – hosted by Johnny Sertin, Rachel Summers and Gillian Traverse. There is an outdoor woodland ‘The Glade’ and the funky ‘Treehouse’ where you can dive into pioneer practice, biospirituality and the outdoors. Rewild your soul!
- Research lounge – hosted by Cathy Ross and James Butler. Grab a sofa and hear from students and researchers exploring the contours of pioneer practice.
- The Oratory – a programme of talks and presentations to inspire and reflect on pioneer practice.
As if that wasn’t enough there are some social spaces to explore. As well as the main site which is a greenspace, there is a beach, a garden, and the moon where you can go and hang out.
We are organising the programme by inviting hosts to create programmes in the ten spaces above. There will be slots running for about 45 minutes at 11, 12, 2, and 3.
At the start and end of the day there will be a choice of 4 worship slots ranging from maranatha yoga to creative liturgy.
After a break where you get away from screen or hang out with friends in gather.town there is an evening programme as follows:
- Quiz designed and led by Harry Baker.
- Performance cafe – a mix of music, spoken word and artistry compered and curated by Katy Partridge and Tim Watson.
- Cocktail lounge with tunes from DJ Steve Leach.
- Campfire in the Wild Wood to hang out and share songs and stories.
We will add details of the programme ahead of time and send to everyone who has booked so you can plan ahead.