A Certificate in Mission, Ministry and Theology on the CMS Pioneer Mission Leadership Training progamme encompasses six modules and is completed over eighteen months to two years.
The Certificate is accredited by Durham University through a partnership with Ripon College Cuddesdon.
There are three pathways through the certificate:
The modules that the pathway is selected from are:
- Mission and Evangelism
- Foundations in Reflective Practice in Context
- Spirituality and Discipleship
- Introduction to the Bible
- Introduction to Church History
- Pastoral Care, Ethics and Ministry
- Foundations for Theology and Reflective Practice
- Informal Learning with Young People and Children
- Basic Youthwork Skills and Practice
- Basic Playwork Skills in Childrens Youthwork Practice
- Introduction to Spirituality and Discipleship [50%]
- Values Policy and Practice in Youthwork [50%]
- Values Policy and Practice in Children and Family Work [50%]
- Independent Study
Some modules include practical weekends where we visit different mission contexts and learn from them. Look on the modules page for a short summary of each module.