How do we to enable congregations to ‘fall in love with those who are outside our churches’?
The free online Pioneering Parishes course is intended for church leaders, lay and ordained, and gives tools, tales and concepts to help move the energy of the church outwards.
The course is led by Greg Bakker and Tina Hodgett who both have pioneering and parish/congregational experience.
Dates are 1 and 15 February and March, 2pm to 3.30pm.
Book here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/pioneering-parishes-tickets-211836808597 – you can also see some videos from past participants on this page.
In the webinars the course facilitators offer a series of tools that enable the parish church to:
- gradually and effectively shift the energy of the congregation from internally-focused to externally-focused
- identify the culture gap between the people who worship in the church and those who live in the locality
- understand the stages a pioneer team goes through to create church ‘where people are at’
- create an environment in which pioneering groups and individuals can flourish
- work out how to use available capacity in a way that most closely serves the church’s values, mission and vision
- develop a mini-ecosystem of traditional and new churches
More information on the website or from Tina.Hodgett@churchmissionsociety.org