It’s business as usual – or rather unusual – as the Oxford pioneer training centre’s open days move online. There are open evenings too!
We’re excited to say it’s business as usual, or rather unusual at CMS Oxford for Pioneer training! Our students are studying via Zoom and we’ve finalised plans for our first ever virtual open days, and open evenings, via Zoom.
We’ve got two dates: Tuesday 19 May or Monday 15 June.
On both days, we’ve got two times: 11.30am – 1pm or 7.30–9pm.
Usually we offer you coffee and sandwiches and share the info at our CMS Oxford headquarters. New, challenging times mean we can’t offer you the coffee and sandwiches, and we are sorry about that. But we’ve still got all the info!
So here’s how the open days/evenings will work:
Send your enquiry to email@example.com
- Ask us whatever you like and once we have your email we can begin a dialogue
- Tell us your preferred date and time and we’ll reserve your place
- We will send out all you need electronically before the open day
- We’ll give you a chance to read through things and watch some inspiring short video clips
Then on the open day/evening:
- You will link in with others via Zoom
- We’ll give you a chance to chat, share stories and listen to others on their journeys
- We’ll do this via breakout rooms, so you’ll get the opportunity to connect with others
- You’ll also get the chance to ask any questions you would like to of members of the CMS Pioneer team
Our awards are in Theology, Ministry and Mission and are accredited by Durham University. Whether your interest is in a one year Certificate or PG Certificate; a two year Diploma or PG Diploma; or the full BA or MA – we’d love to hear from you. In fact you may not even know yet exactly what course you are interested in, you just want to be included, get out there via Zoom and find out more!
Pioneer training is our thing – we are known for doing it well!
We also train ordinands in the Church of England, and work through a partnership with Ripon College Cuddesdon. If you are on that particular journey you may like to explore this with us (even if you are not a designated pioneer, you could train with us).
Whatever you are doing right now, we know you are exploring. This is an unusual, and maybe scary, time, but it’s also a time when great things are happening. Our current pioneer students are looking at ways to connect in their contexts, learning from each other; and offering each other support and encouragement.
We really hope you may want to be part of this in the coming academic year, in a big way or in a small way. So please do make contact, it doesn’t commit you to anything. We already have several booked in for May but we do have space!
We’ll try and accommodate everyone we can but we do need bookings in advance.
If you think we might be the type of space for you, email firstname.lastname@example.org